Have milk allergies and slightly enlarged lymph nodes that are reactive to the viral infection. Any cure?

Doctor, i talked to you recently about my daughters lymph nodes, she's six, has milk allergies and eczema and had two bilateral palpable lymph nodes in upper posterior cervical chain. They were up to 1cm, soft, mobile and she had an uri back in july and august. Exactly a month ago, when i first notice the nodes, we took her to three different pediatricians, who felt the nodes and said not to worry. We did cbc - normal -, sedimentation rate, normal, toxoplasmosis and EBV serology - neg- and cmv -igm neg, igg 186. We did an ultrasound of it, confirmed the site and size, and all had bening features (echogenicity, hillus, short/long ratio - the radiologist MD didn't feel the need to use doppler, and she looked at the supraclavicular area and it was clean, though before the exam I thought i felt nodes in there, in the imagining scan they were clean, and the three peds alson didn't felt anything in the suprac
Avicular fossa. She's in good health, active, not complaining of pain, breathing normally. The nodes in the upper posterior were slightly small - from a bean to a pea size in last week- BUT she had a reddish throat (10 days ago, wnot complaining of pain swalloing). She developed a little hialin running nose and sneezing, lasted for 2-3 days, ant then only sneeze or had mucus once or twice a day, until today. Her stool is liquid with peaces , 2-3 times day, not complaining of stomach or abdominal pain, since wednesday, but 2-3 x/day is normal to her, just the consistency changed.
What's freaking me out is that 3 days ago i palpate her neck to see if the nodes were down, and the upper ones were the same, BUT i felt two small -0,5 or 0,7 cm - in her left shoulder, down where the trapezius met the shoulder, in front of the muscle, maybe 1,5 cm above the clavicle (it's not XXXXXXX in the fossa, slightly above). Sometime I can feel it, normally have to poke a lot to found, sometimes i can't. Right above the clavicles and behind them there's nothing, just muscles and Ligaments/chord like things, just like mine. And i could feel small ones in the other side of her neck, almost in the same place, but the left one seems more easily palpable. I imediatly took her to her ped, and she said they're not supraclavicular, they're posterior cervical - to me feels like they're above the omohyoid muscle, maybe right above it. She was puzzled because she thinks there's an infection anywhere, and just asked for a sinus XR. She said that they don't feel malignant, and that if it were, in this past month the first ones would 've got bigger, not smaller.I'm freaking out, desperatly. Could it just be the light cold she had? Could it be nothing, like poking too much makes me feel things that are supposed to be normal? Or could it be something more sinister - i read awfull stuff about lower postior cervical nodes , could little ones be that bad? She isn't coughing, her nose isn't stuffy anymore, oh, her ped said there's no hepatoesplenomegaly., and there are no other palpables chaisn except the posterior - she said the supramandibular node found in the ltrassoun with 1.7cm regressed. She had lots of milk based ice cream last week, swam a lot, played outside in a windy, ot night, and a rash in genital area that she usually have when she have her milk allergies crisis.
I'm sorry, i meant submandibular node, no supramandibular... And i forgot to mention that i asked her ped about adenoids, but she's not a mouth breather, don't snore and never before had allergic rhinitis or even infectious sinusitis - though had recent contact with close friends with active sinusitis in the last couple of months. The ped said that tonsils on the back of the mouth were a bit hypertrophied, but symmetrical and that it was normal for the upper respiratory signs she had (she sometimes seems to be pushing secretions from the back of the naso/oropharynx, sneezing and hialin running nose).
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 28 hours later
Hello again and thank you for the question.

Again in the situation that you're describing the slightly enlarged lymph nodes are reactive to the viral infection that she most likely experienced.

A slight enlargement of lymph nodes is an absolutely normal aspect of commune function.

I'm not concerned if there's anything else going on in the case of your daughter at this point.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Dr. Robert
Follow-up: Have milk allergies and slightly enlarged lymph nodes that are reactive to the viral infection. Any cure? 1 hour later
Thank you very much for your answer!
We did her sinus XR and a chest XR, and turns out she has an active sinus infection abd BCP. I'm relief we could find it! Again, I appreciate your insight as a specialist, it really gives me a lot of peace oc mind and reassurance! Thank you, thank you!
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 30 hours later
It is an absolute pleasure to discuss your health concerns.

Take good care.

Dr Robert
Follow-up: Have milk allergies and slightly enlarged lymph nodes that are reactive to the viral infection. Any cure? 33 hours later
The low post cervical nodes can get a little bigger in these week because of the active infection, right? The firsr symptoms of the sinus inf began 10 days ago. I think one of them is 1 cm today, she's in day 5 of abx. For how long are they going to grow and then start to shrink? And they can stay with 1 cm for a good time for what i've been reafing, right? Posterior cervical enlargement is compatible with sinus infection? I'm sorry to bothered but I'm a RN and i've seem sad stuff and I'm very scared.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 29 hours later
Hello again and thank you for the additional questions.

With a sinus infection you can develop both anterior and posterior lymph node enlargement. Again I am not concerned if there is any problem with the immune system of your child. This is something that will simply resolve overtime. I see no indication for any additional clinical examination of the lymph nodes at this point. I think if you continue to aggressively assess the lymph nodes you may cause local inflammation and eructation of these lymph nodes which could also cause them to become somewhat larger than usual.

Again try to take solace in the fact that nothing pathological is going on.

Thanks again for sending a question. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else in the future.

Dr. Robert