Have migraine. Why am I getting smell and taste of blood?

ENT Specialist
Question
I smell blood and taste it, but no bloody nose and I'm only sitting watching tv. Nothing stressful or hard on my body. I also have migraines and other issues with my health
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 34 minutes later
Hello
I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon
On the basis of the information provided it appears that possibily there is a mass lesion or a bleeding point in nose causing minimal ooze giving a smell of blood but as such there is no blood discharge. This is a probable cause and i would advise you for a ENT consultation and a diagnostic nasal endoscopy for the diagnosis.

I hope this answers your concern. Feel free to contact me if you require more information about it

with regards
Ravinder Sharma

Follow-up: Have migraine. Why am I getting smell and taste of blood? 12 hours later
Would it help explain my headaches?

Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 18 minutes later
Thanks for the follw up query
Headache may be related to it ( example - sinus headache) or may not be related to it (Migranie headache). The ENT evalaution and some tests will help us to reach the diagnosis.

I hope this answers your concern. Please let me know if I can hep you further in this

with regards
Ravinder Sharma