Have metallic taste and burning sensation in oesophagus and stomach. What do you suggest?

I have a metallic taste on my tongue and lips. I see no change in the appearance of either. I also feel a very mild burning sensation that feels like it is coming from my esophagus and stomach. Food tastes normal to me.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). Metallic taste in mouth may be due to many reason especially drug induced. However if there is no recent change in medication then in you it may be due to GERD (gastroeophageal reflux disease) or due to some mineral or vitamin deficiency. So take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole and a prokinetic agent like domperidone and take some multivitamin supplement for relief. Take less fatty diet and avoid lying on bed at least for 2 hours after a meal. I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.