Have mass growth on breast. How to remove this?

Mar 2016

in coin size what is 1 centimeter
I was told I have a mass in my breast that is approximatly 1 cm.I want to know how large it is
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. S Patra 44 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us. I am happy to help you.

Coin sized breast mass of 1 cm in diameter indicates very early stage or T1 according to TNM classification.

In every type of breast lump with or without suspicion of malignancy, complete history taking (like using hormonal medication, family history etc) along with breast examination are required to assess the extent of the breast lump or tumor.

If there is no infiltration or involvement of axillary lymph node (negative nodes on palpation) or no distant metastasis, then it indicates good prognostic factors and need to start early treatment for complete recovery.

Malignant potential & staging of the breast lump/ mass can be obtained by "TRIPLE ASSESSMENT TEST". These include as follows:

1) Clinical examination- according to age & family history and complete breast with regional lymph node (axillary) examination.
2) Imaging technique- by ultrasound scan of both breast & mammography.
3) Histopathology- by FNAC & corecut to confirm malignancy.

Therefore, I suggest you to consult with your oncologist at the earliest to start early treatment after pin point diagnosis through clinical examination and above said investigation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen