Have lymph node on breast. Biopsy done. Found necrotizing granulomatous inflammation. Proper treatment?

Jan 2013

I have two biopsy done one in 2012 from my -lymph node in the breast- and now from my legs -red big lumps- both have same results NECROTIZING GRANULOMATOUS INFLAMMATION The worst thing i have another lymph node in my breast need another surgery and biopsy,I am tired having surgery and biopsy :( and keep coming out with the same results i don't understand why i keep having this since 2008,any help??
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know your other details also.
Do you have low grade fever/ fatigue/ weakness/ cough/ anorexia?
Are these lymph nodes are painful in nature?
Do you history of continuous contact with some pet animal?
Do you have past history of any STDs?

Granulomatous lymphadenitis could be infectious or non infectious.
Noninfectious granulomatous lymphadenitis includes berylliosis, Hodgkin’s lymphoma, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, lymph node draining neoplasms (sarcoid-like reaction), lymph node draining Crohn’s disease and sarcoidosis.

Infectious granulomatous lymphadenitis can be classified into suppurative (pus formation) lymphadenitis and nonsuppurative lymphadenitis.
Suppurative lymphadenitis tularemia, cat scratch disease, Yersinia lymphadenitis and lymphogranuloma venereum. All these disease have central necrosis in lymph nodes.
Nonsuppurative lymphadenitis is characteristic of tuberculosis.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ hematologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should take also assistance of microbiologist and all of these disease bacterial in origin and exact diagnosis can be made on the basis of microscopic reports.
You should also go for complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, chest x XXXXXXX quantiferon TB gold (if available).

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
In my personal opinion, you shouldn't go for repeated surgery as all these reports are coming with the same reports.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava