Have lymph node in neck, tightness in shoulder and found lump under armpit. Any advice?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Hi, I am about to be 20 years old. For the past few months, i have been feeling very self-conscious of my health. My left arm feels tight in the shoulder area and aches. I have a soft lump under the same armpit. I also have swollen lymph nodes in my neck that get bigger and smaller but never completely go away. All these symptoms have been presents for many months. I went to see my family doctor who gave me antibiotics and said it should clear up but didn't. I had ultrasound done on my left armpit area and found a very small swollen lymph node. I have no night sweat or tiring feeling. What could these swollen lymph be that are not going away at all? Also, I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux about six months ago. I have been on diet ever since. I use XXXXXXX Cider Vinegar and Yogurt to help me with digestion.
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 11 hours later
Welcome to HCM!
At this age when you have enlarged lymph nodes in your axilla and neck, you have to undergo some specific tests to find out the cause.
The reason for this can be
Viral infections
Lymphoma group

Some blood tests and a biopsy may be needed.
Do not ignore!
Please consult a general surgeon for this.

For acid reflux you may need antacids and omeprazoe.

For your left arm ,if it is not due to the lump there,then you mst think of frozen shoulder.
You can not take ibuprofen because of your tummy problem.
Take only paracetamol and when the pain is less do some shoulder exercises.

In such a young age, to avoid simple illnesses, be more active,exercise regularly and move all the joints and relax your mind!
This is a suggestion from me for your well being!
All the best
God bless
Dr Uma