Have lupus flare. Ankles and feet are painful. Suggest painkillers to reduce inflammation?

I have had a lupus flare up for about 10 days. My specialist is on holiday. My ankeles and under the feet are so painful that i can hardly walk. Other than pain killers what can i demand of my doctor to reduce my present inflammation XXXXXXX holmes
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anti inflammatories.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would tell you that Lupus is generally maintained in remission with steroids and hydroxychloroquine . I hope you are continuing on these medications .

You should take pain killers like the ones having anti inflammatory option also. You can take Naproxen 500 mg Twice a day . Since you suffer from diabetes this pain can be neuropathic also . I will advise you to discuss the issue thoroughly with you treating doctor because he remains the best judge of your situation . You can also you use topical diclofenac gel for pain relief .

Dr. Shruti