Have lump under skin on leg, hard, movable. Have lost weight. Worried about soft tissue sarcoma

I found a lump about a year ago, under the skin, at the top of my leg where the leg meets the torso. The lump is hard, seems to move a bit, and is about the size of a nickle. I didn't pay much attention to it, but tonight it seems a bit more pronounced because I've lost about 15 lbs dieting. There is no pain, but there is a little indentation, and some stretch marks (stretch marks always there). I just read some of the information regarding soft tissue sarcoma, and it's scary... help...
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 28 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

First of all since it has been there for a year, it's unlikely to be sarcoma. Sarcoma lump would have grown significantly in one year and would have become symptomatic by now.You should not worry about cancer.

Common cause of lump in this region is enlarged lymph node. Other cause is hernia but in that case it should be soft.

A sonography can help to confirm what it is.

So consider seeing your doctor to get clinical evaluation and sonography done.

Hope that answers your question.