Have lump on testicles. Diagnosed with epidydimic cyst. Asked for semen analysis test. Can it affect my fertility?

Urologist
Question
is semen analysis test advised by the urologist after discovering epididymic cyst ? My urologist has advised me for semen analysis test after he diagnosed the epididymic cyst on both sides by touching with hand and also he saw the ultrasound test which was done by me before 4 days(I did the scrotal ultrasound after seeing internet and I was much worried about a lump which is attached to the upper part of my left testicle since 11/12 years. The ultrasound report is attached with this query). He told me that the cyst is not harmful . I asked him can it affect my fertility then he said no and then he ordered for semen analysis test. Is there anything serious issue like cancer for which semen analysis test required to see the result for further investigation ?
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 6 hours later
Welcome to the forum.
I had a good look at the scan.
He is right. These cysts can be left alone.
Since u discussed about fertility, he asked for semen analysis.
There is no evidence of cancer in the scan.
Best regards

Follow-up: Have lump on testicles. Diagnosed with epidydimic cyst. Asked for semen analysis test. Can it affect my fertility? 7 hours later
sir, I have done semen analysis test today. Here is the report attached with. Please suggest me whether I am able to father a child or any abnormalities are there. If any abnormality found then is it treatable or not. Please help me sir I am mu ch worried.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
The count is nearly normal.
The motility is little low.
Quit smoking, if you are smoker.
Otherwise there is nothing else to be done.
best regards

Follow-up: Have lump on testicles. Diagnosed with epidydimic cyst. Asked for semen analysis test. Can it affect my fertility? 4 minutes later
no sir, I am not a smoker. Please reply me what should be the motility to be a father ? What should be the normal count to be a father ? Sir, frankly speaking I masturbated 4 times within last 48 hours of the test. Can it be a factor to lead this result ? Is there any chance that I can be a father with this report ? Please help me sir.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Welcome back.
You need to wait for 3 to 5 days without masturbation or sex to give the semen for analysis.
So please repeat with the required days of abstinence and get the results.
best regards

Follow-up: Have lump on testicles. Diagnosed with epidydimic cyst. Asked for semen analysis test. Can it affect my fertility? 5 hours later
It's ok sir. I will repeat the test. But with the present status of the report am I unable to be a father or satisfy a woman ? If not is there any treatment ? Please help me sir.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 hours later
I cannot comment with the semen analysis done already, as it is not done according to the advised norms.
Satisfying woman is not based on your semen analysis, it is your performance in bed.
Kindly send the next analysis report to restart the discussion.,