Have lower left stabbing, pinching and burning sensation in stomach area. Cause?

Infertility Specialist
Question
I have a lower left stabbing pinching and burning sensation every so often that last for around a second. It is below my stomach area on the left side of my body as if looking forward.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Renal stones

Detailed Answer:
Hi, the pain you are describing appears to be a renal calculus (stone ). It appears to be passing down and trying to come out. Please get ultrasound scan of your abdomen to check for the same. Let me follow up with that report. Let me know if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Have lower left stabbing, pinching and burning sensation in stomach area. Cause? 9 hours later
The location is down by my left hip joint in the front and then over about 4 to 5 inches from that. I notice mostly when I move a certain way, mostly when I sit down. Is it possible to be a hernia of some type or do you still fill it stone.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi, hernia wont have the characteristic pain you have. It is typical of stones. If you guess its hernia, any doctor can easily diagnose just by examination. I hope your doubt is cleared. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol