Have lower back pains and neck pains. Looking for remedy

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Remedy for lower back pains & neck pains where very recently started, I am in this job since years, nearly will sit infront of my system morethan 7 hrs
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 1 hour later

You are suffering from what we call the industrial back ache. The first step is to ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while working on the computer. Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water. Discontinue using pillow while sleeping straight. Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down. Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement.

The most essential and long lasting remedy is exercises. There are certain back strengthening and neck isometric exercises that you must learn from a physiotherapist and perform them at home or work whenever possible. You can also undergo a weeks session of traction at your physiotherapist's clinic.

Last but not least, if its unbearable take medications or muscle relaxant prescribed by your physician. And if it has been long standing illness visit your orthopaedician and clinically-radiologically establish a diagnosis to commence definitive treatment.

Hope this answer was informative. If you wish to ask more please do, I'm available for follow up.
Follow-up: Have lower back pains and neck pains. Looking for remedy 8 minutes later
After my c-section the pain little increased wat i believe, is there any connection with c-section and back pains? at that time an injection been given on my spinal so my feeling is with that effect only i am struggling with sever back pains
at the time of month periods the pain will increase which is unbearable, after 2 days automatically it wil get reduced too.. for a working women its very inconvenient
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 21 hours later
Thanks for replying back.

There are many unconfirmed reports of a large number of people, who had a spinal-epidural anaesthesia before surgery especially women before their c-section, are complaining of chronic back pain. After all its a blind procedure and tends to injure nerve structures at times that might lead to such pain in future.

In any case as I previously suggested you must visit an orthopaedician near you and get yourself examined. You also need to tell your gynaecologist if pain during periods is beyond limit.

The advice I gave in my previous answer stands true even now. Exercises will strengthen your muscles for future relapses. Feel free to ask more.