Have lower abdominal pain, recurrent kidney stones. Urinalysis done. What are the findings?

Jul 2016

Dear sir ,
iam 44 years old male from india . i do have recurrent kidney stones the largest upto 5 mm. now i had lower abdomen pain and made urine analysis . the result showed rbc cont 10-12 and pus cells 10-12. kindly advise
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have history of getting recurrent urinary stone.

Recurrence of urinary stones is very common in those who get it once. The infection of the urinary tract is one of the common cause of formation of stones. Your recent Urine analysis is suggesting infection.

Please get your ultrasound scanning done to reveal the stones and their location. If they are non obstructive you have to just observe as most of the time they pass down through normal urinary passage. Take treatment to combat the infection.

Take antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin after getting prescription from your family Physician.

It will be better if you send your stone for analysis so that preventive measures can be taken to prevent the recurrence.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.

Follow-up: Have lower abdominal pain, recurrent kidney stones. Urinalysis done. What are the findings? 13 hours later
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your advice. In my case urinary tract infection is coming very rarely. i do have stones for the last five years. ultra sound shows that the stones ( 4.5 mm ,3mm) are in the left lower calix. now a day i feel dizziness. my doctor has given me a medicine ciprofloxacin 500 to be taken two times daily. Please advice any intervetion method.

thank you
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for follow up. You have stones, which are non-obstructing and likely to pass down without any intervention.

We advice either ESWL (Extra Corporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy) or PCNL (PerCutaneousNephroLithotomy) for the stones of a size of more than 1 cm located in Kidney.

Stones located in lower calyx take more time to pass down as they are at lower level of the mouth of a Renal Pelvis.

Thanks and Regards,