Have lower abdominal and lower back pain. Diagnosed with UTI. What is going on?

Im looking for some answers. From Aug 31st to present I have had lower abdominal, lower back, and lower left abdominal pain. On aug 31st I was diagnosed with UTI and treated with antibiotic. 3 weeks later I went back to Dr with same issues. Urine was negative for UTI, Xray unclear for kidney stones, so at this point I was given 2 more antibiotics and treated for diverticulitis and abdominal ultrasound ordered, with normal results being the finding. Now once again I am having spiratic lower abd pains and bruising on my lower abdomen, not as severe, but lower back pain.and legs cramps. What is going on with my body for all test to show normal results?
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As tests do not show evidence of stones in the urine passage and adequate dosage of antibiotics been given, it is unlikely of urological origin.

This type of pain is usually related to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)and a gynecology consult is worthwhile.
After a course of antibiotics for PID, IF THE PAIN IS PERSISTENT, pain of bowel origin need to be evaluated.
Till you XXXXXXX a doctor, antispasmodics,pain killer gels and warm compresses for the back should ease the problem a bit.

The above is line of approach for such pains.

Get well soon,