Have low grade fever in typhoid even after antibiotic. Suggest?

low grade fever in evenings in typhoid even after antibiotic treatment . what to be done.
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Guru 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Should evaluate for alternate diagnosis

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Typhoid fever will be confirmed by blood culture. Usually it takes approximately 10 days to recover from it if appropriate antibiotic treatment is given. However, if the symptoms does not go way, your treating doctor would evaluate for alternate diagnosis which can similar symptoms. These include malaria, viral fevers etc.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.