Have low grade fever. On typhoid medication. IGG, IGM, Widal test came positive. Advise

Hi, I have been tested postive for IGG and IGM antibodies for Typhoid. The Widal test was a Weak Positive. It's been 3 weeks that I am on Typhoid medication. I have low grade fever(99 - 99.5 F) for past week at some random point in a day , which usually fades away without any Paracetamol in an hour or so. Not sure If I am fine now. Please suggest.
Can it be that I am suffering from some other illness?
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 37 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The reports of the test shows that you are suffering from chronic infection from the typhoid which make IgG positive and currently you are having the infection which makes IgM positive. There is no other illness. Widal test in obsolete and non reliable while Typhi.DOT is more specific and reliable.

It is recommended to go to your doctor and get some good antibiotics like ceftriaxone or cefexime for atleast 02 weeks to eliminate the infection

If you still have some query, feel free to ask