Have low blood pressure, dizziness and tiredness. Suggestion?

I am 67 and exercise 5 days a week. I do three spin classes and two boot camps. I am 5' 9" and weigh 110 pounds.
I eat healthy and am very active. I often get tired early afternoon. My blood pressure has always been low. I don't take
any medications. I have regular checkups but am wondering if I should be getting this tired in the afternoon. It passes
if I have a cup of coffee and a snack. I eat a very good breakfast, early dinner and almost no or little lunch. I do experience a little dizziness if I get up to quickly. I do have some sinus issues. I just don't like feeling tired.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

It might be very important to get a complete clinical review by your family physician. Its important to check for your hemoglobin level by doing a complete blood count. the commonest cause of fatigue is anemia. It s true you got a balanced diet, but it might be important to do a blood Vitamin B 12 level> It is also very frequently implicated in fatigue syndromes.

It would be interesting to know if you have any rheumatologic or autoimmune disease. these diseases like rheumatoid arthritis are commonly associated with unexplained fatigue. Getting enough bed rest is an important factor in getting good energy levels during the day.

It would be worthwhile to know if you have ever been examined by a cardiologist for the low blood pressure levels. An evaluation from him could be interesting. Diabetes mellitus in some people could present as episodes fatigue. If you have not done a fasting blood sugar, doing one could be of importance.
I would suggest you continue with the healthy practice of getting a balanced diet with fruits and vegetables, and consult your family physician and probably your cardiologist. The tips I proposed could be of help.

Thanks once again and kind regards. Wishing you good health.

Bain LE, MD. feel free asking for any precisions if need be.