Have low T4 value. Getting hot flashes, dizzy spells, dry skin and hair thinning. Is it thyroid disorder?

Hello I hope you can help. My Brother age 47, Has had several blood tests done. T4 =1.1 but no t3 done. His symptoms are so severe that he can not work. His HOT flashes are so bad that he drips and clothes are soaked thru , he has dizzy spells that are bad, dry skin, thinning hair, and his testosterone level has dropped over 300 points in two weeks, its under 300 now. He cant get into a Doctor for 3 months. I can have him email you the test results the emailed him. It is so bad. I guess my question is this. Can you help him with his thyroid disorder. Hypo. or Hyper?? My thinking is its hypo. Can you get him the right medication to ease his grief. He will see an endo. spec in FEB 2014.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Sure we can help sir. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Hi! sure we can help your brother. The T4 value that you have provided is definitely very low if this is his total T4. what are his TSH values and if any other tests done for other hormones like cortisol, LH, FSH. please provide us the other test results and also the medicines he is presently on for HIV or any other medical condition. Regards!
Follow-up: Have low T4 value. Getting hot flashes, dizzy spells, dry skin and hair thinning. Is it thyroid disorder? 9 hours later
this is actually her brother typing now.. i've uploaded my results from the blood work done.. i take atripla and citalopran daily.. my sister might over exagerate but yes i have sweats the shakes now with body temperature changes.. i'm on a wait to get into a doctor here in kc.. all 22 endocrins are extremely busy till feb.
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thyroid profile is normal. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Hi! thanks for being in communication directly. I can understand the concern of your sister. I have gone through all your reports. As far as your thyroid profile is concerned, it is normal. So you don't need to think about thyroid disorder for any of the symptoms. night sweats and chills are a feature of immuno compromised status or may be a side effect of the drugs you are taking. Regards!