Have lbp. Feeling bloated and burning sensation in stomach. Should I consult a doctor?

Nov 2013

hi i am 26 years old and for the past week i have been feeling like my stomach is burning? its not really pain but just like it is burning. I am not sure what it is and sometimes i feel like my stomach is bloated as well. i have low blood pressure and apart from that nothing else. will you please be able to explain this and may be advice if i need to see a doctor?
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Your symptoms are suggestive of acidity (mild gastritis).

As of now, you can take medications such as rabeprozole or omeprazole, which would help in reducing the burning sensations.

Also, you should avoid spicy food. Please avoid fasting and take meals on time.

Avoid excessive stress, as this can increase the acid production in the stomach.

If you get better with these, there is no need to see a doctor. If symptoms continue, you may consult a doctor.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad