Have kidney stone. Noticed blood and transparent mucus after urinating. Worrisome

Hi, I'm a 22 years old female. I have a kidney stone on the right side, 8mm width. Today after urinating, I noticed blood and transparent mucus on the toilet paper after wiping from the front. I recently did a blood and urine test. Everything was fine except for the urine part where I had crystals in my urine and blood. I did an echo scan and I found out that I have a kidney stone. I don't feel any burning sensation when peeing and no pain is present. I am really worried about the blood part and I am scared that it might be cancer. I really need your help...:(
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

If there is blood in urine and stone in the kidney, we have to relate both.
If there is cancer, it would have been picked up in the scan by now. So, the chance of cancer is extremely unlikely.
Please get treated for the stone. This stone may have to be fragmented with lithotripsy, without any surgical procedure. Kindly XXXXXXX a urologist for guidance.
Prevention of stone in the long run includes---.
1.     Plenty of oral fluids.
2.     Reduced intake of red meat
3.     Check with urologist every 6 months.
Wishing you good health---