Have kidney problem. Blood test normal. Found elevated ALT level. Do I have liver problem?

hI iam male 62 with kidney problem and creatnine and neGFR are fine ian non diabetic iam taking lipitor too
i take couple of alcoholic drinks before dinner at night .I got my blood test done and were fine.My ALT was 45 and upper limit is 46 but gamma GT TESR WAS WELL WITHIN THE RANGE
elevated ALT could be due to lipitor too.If my liver is damage because of drinks then my gammaGT test will be abnormal
do u think i have a liver problem
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for sending your query,

Your ALT is normal, albeit at the upper range of normal. This is not concerning at this time. I think it should be rechecked again in 3 to 6 months to make sure it remains stable. At this time there is no laboratory evidence of liver damage.

Of course with alcohol we recommend moderation. If you drink daily I would suggest no more than one alcoholic beverage per day.

Please followup with your doctor for further recommendations.

Thanks again for sending your query.

Dr. Galamaga