Have joint pains in hands and feet. Treated for migraine and hypothyroidism. Help?

HI Dr.,
I've been treated for migraines all of my life, and after 32 years of teaching was forced to quit early at 54. ALso,
am treated for hypothyroidism. Migraines are now being treated with large amounts of botox with some success. my problem is I have joint pain in hands and feet, and it is going to my legs and arms. I told my Dr it was worse in the morning, but that has changed. Its getting harder to play piano, garden and do normal activities. I am also so emotional lately, I think because of the worry of something bad, just when I'm getting relief from the migraines. Please, if you have an idea of what's going on, give me some advice. I would be so appreciative for help.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Delighted to be able to help.

I think that,probably,his psychic state is contributing to their physical discomfort.
Psychic problems (anxiety-depression) are one of the main triggers of migraine attacks.Besides of Escitalopram and lorazepam that you are taking for anxiety-depression, I recommend taking an antidepressant with anxiolytic effect at night, that in addition to improve your psychic state,too prevent migraine attacks.

Amitriptyline is the most commonly used drug for this condition.

About their joint pains, his psychic state can contribute to pain but first is needed to rule out rheumatic pathologies.

I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.

I wish you good health.