Have itchy rashes on ankles, calves and legs. Blood test done. Cause and cure?

Question
Went to doctor last week with rash on ankles, calves and legs. A number of blood tests are being run, but I haven't heard back yet. In the meantime the rash is now on my buttock and pelvic region, there are some spots near armpits and on forearms. The original rash area is almost completely covered on my angles and calves, skin looks yellow underneath. Very, very itchy and if on my feet very long my calves, thighs and bottom of my feet hurt, almost like muscular pain.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 30 minutes later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

I would like to know some more details on your problem , to understand better and opine specifically.

Do you have any other associated symptoms?
Is there any abdominal pain or blood in the stool?
Do you have any fever associated or any such illness few weeks before you developed all this?
Did you travel recently?
Do you have any joint pains?

What I can see from the photograph is Purpura. They can occur in several disorders including decreased platelet count or some problem with the vessel wall. Investigations like urine analysis, platelet count, skin biopsy, stool for occult blood can help to arrive at a diagnosis.

Waiting for your reply.

Follow-up: Have itchy rashes on ankles, calves and legs. Blood test done. Cause and cure? 26 minutes later
Intermittent what I call flank pain, just below rib cage right side of back. No fever, no abdominal pain or blood in stool. No joint pain, muscle pain in calves, shins, upper thighs and bottom of feet. Have not been sick, but did have one week vacation in Dominican Republic first week of February. Slipped and fell down two tile steps, bruised whole right butt cheek and bruised a bottom of ribs ribs in back on right side. Put ice on it and other than the bruising no other problems.

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 2 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

Your history does not provide any new clue to arrive at more possible diagnosis. We should wait for the blood investigation reports already ordered, to know the exact etiology.

I request you to update me with the reports.

Follow-up: Have itchy rashes on ankles, calves and legs. Blood test done. Cause and cure? 18 minutes later
Thank you, I will. Hoping they come back soon.

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 3 hours later

Thanks for your reply.
I request you to update me regarding your health.

Wishing you a good health.