Ask a Urologist   »  

Have itchy penis. Used permethrin cream. What can work?

hi. i have an itchy penis and i have used permetherin cream to see if it would help. it didnt help. what can work? i dont have any burning while urinating it just itches on my penis and on the sides of my scrotum. should i be concerned?
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 1 hour later
Welcome to HealthcarMagic,
Can you provide more details, do you have any skin lesions on the scrotum ( vesicles, papules , scaling , etc. ) on the head of penis or on the skin of penis. Permithrin ointments generally indicated for Scabies infestation or in your case you don’t have signs of scabies (erythematous papules and burrows in web spaces, wrists, waistline, and genitals). So make a self assessment and examine carefully your affected XXXXXXX with all details. Itching, pruritus may occur in many condition and circumstances like hot weather, sweeting, irritation from clothes, external irritants like body lotions, spry, soap, infections of genital organs associated with itching and pain, burning sensation , redness, ( herpes virus, candidiasis ) . For each case have specific treatment. I would advice you make an appointment with Dermatologist for finally diagnosis and definitely treatment.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,