Have itchy lump under the skin of labia. How to remove this?

I have small pea like lumps under the skin of my libia
they itch and I have a lot of them
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are different potential causes for the lesions that you are describing.

Lesions in the vulvar area can be classified as (1)inflammatory, (2) related to change in pigment (3) blistering (4) benign tumors. The fact that you are experiencing itching however makes it more likely to be an inflammatory lesion.

There are a number of inflammatory lesions that can occur in the vaginal area such as lichen simplex chronicus, irritant dermatitis, lichen planus, vulvitis and fox-fordyce , to name some of the more likely.None of these are cancerous but all are associated with itching and the presence of lesions in the labia.

Unfortunately the only way to accurately diagnose which one of these may be causing your problem would be history and physical examination by a doctor.Diagnosis may also require a biopsy of the lesions.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions