Have itchy and red eye. Easy way to get cure?

Jun 2015

my right eye is itchy and a little redyesterday I was outside my house with my mom and friend. we were covering a hole outside my house and as I look up to see if it was fully covered something fell into my eye. it was a little itchy through out the day but nothing too serious not red or anything. today it is a little pinkish red and itchy. I put drops in my eye this morning. the reddness has gone down but it is itchy. it feels as if I have a hair in my eye. I tried to move whatever it is to the front of my eye like a contact but nothing. help?
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be either due to Conjunctivitis or due to persistence of the foreign body that fell into your eye last day(which might have lodged in the fornices of the eye).

Management includes:
1. If it is due to presence of foreign body, it has to be removed.
2. Artificial tear drops every 4th hourly.
3. Steroid eye drops to be used if it is allergic in nature.
4. Antibiotic eye drops to be used if it is caused by bacterial infection.
5. Analgesics like paracetamol to relieve pain.

Please do not put any medication in the eyes without consultation.
Eyes being very delicate organs, the symptoms may further aggravate if proper care is not taken.

So, it will be better to consult an Ophthalmologist & get a proper examination done to find out the exact cause of the symptoms.

Wish you a good health & speedy recovery.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.