Have irritating inflammation on bottom cheeks. No relief from skin ointments, calamine lotion. Remedy?

I have an irritating inflammation on my bottom cheeks - it seems to be worse of center in the folds - it is also in the scrotch - sensitive and raw to touch - tried various skin ointments and calamine lotion - no relief
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
From the description it seems either you are having some eczematous condition or intertrigo due to fungal infection.
To treat the same, I would advise you to
Take tablet cetirizine to control itch
Apply steroid antifungal cream twice in a day to affected area
Keep the area dry and well ventilated
Wear loose cotton underclothes
After bathing dab the area with absorbent antifungal powder to keep the area dry.

Hopefully in few days, your condition will improve.
Should there be any other query, feel free to write back.