Have intermittent burning and itching on palms and soles of feet. Get headaches. Have chest pain, ECG normal. Suggestions?

I have intermittent burning and itching in my palms and on occasion the soles of my fetes, I often itch all over but have only a red XXXXXXX not a raised ash this normally starts with tingling around the mouth, although I often haven't eaten for several hours. I get terrible chest pains always in the same place that radiate up through the jaw, I struggle with concentration and often can not remember what I did an hour ago. Echocardiogram was normal, thyroid fine, no allergies, no abnormalities n blood work other than slightly high cholesterol, I manage to work full time but am exhausted by the end of the day, I get terrible headaches again the last ct was clear, as was ultrasound for reflux. Almost forgot I often get ringing in my ears, and always have night sweats.
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

You have given a detailed description about your problems but you have not mentioned about your blood pressure and any medications that you are having. A high blood pressure can give rise to headaches. If you are having any medication then it has to be seen if the chest pain described by you is related to it.

As most of your investigations are normal, I suggest that you should discuss with your doctor and, if required, a gastroscopy be done to rule out any stomach related problem which is giving rise to the chest pain which is radiating. This I am suggesting as your ultrasound is normal.

It is very difficult to give any guidance for your burning and itching on your palms and soles without having a look at them. I suggest you apply some hydrating cream/lotion and observe if the problem subsides.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back if you require any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
Follow-up: Have intermittent burning and itching on palms and soles of feet. Get headaches. Have chest pain, ECG normal. Suggestions? 21 hours later
My blood pressure is normal, although in saying this typically I have quite low blood pressure and have done so since childhood. I have had a gastroscope, this was all normal, and I have applied topical creams to my hands with no difference noticed. I am not taking any medications and have not taken anything other than panadol and ordinary anti biopics in years
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 9 minutes later

Thank you for the update.

I am happy to note that gastroscopy has been done and there is nothing abnormal. With all investigations coming out normal I feel that you should not worry unduly about the pain though it is disturbing for you and easier said then done.

As you are not getting relief with the management being done it requires a complete review of the symptoms, signs and investigations to come to a cause for your problems.

With the limited resources of examining the patient through this medium it is very difficult for me to give you any guidance. I hope I have done justice to your query.

With best wishes,