Have infection on lower lip, lip itched and developed yellow and tan dots. What could this be?

I think I have an infection on my lower lip. Last Thursday, my lip itched and I developed yellow/tan dots in a horizontal line across the middle of my lip. It has now been 5 days and continues to be irritating
still haven't recieved an answer. Any ideas what this may be?
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later

From your description, it seems to me that the spots you are describing may be something called as Fordyce's spots. Please attach a good quality picture so that I can assess better. A picture can be very helpful. You can upload the picture directly using the site's uploader provided on this page or mail it to my attention at YYYY@YYYY

Dr. Johny Chacko