Have ibs and sleep apnoea. What is the best way to get rid of cymbalta?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
what is the best way to get off cymbulta? I have ibs and sleep apnonea, which I think is all related
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 minutes later
Gradual tapering off of the doses are recommended over weeks or even months is recommended if you are taking cymbalta regularly for last more then two months. The withdrawal symptoms like dizziness, electric shock-like sensations, sweating, nausea, insomnia, tremor, confusion, nightmares, and vertigo, etc can appear within one week of dose reduction.
It s best to consult your psychiatrist and start a gradual dose reduction under his guidance for minimal side effects and rebound illness.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.