Have hypothyroidism, feeling tired and fuzzy. Blood test done for tsh, t4. Symptoms of menopause?

Excellent
Question
I was diagnosed with hypothroidism two years ago. and am currently on .75 of levothyroxine I have been feeling more tired than normal in the last few months and fuzzy headed.. My blood work just came back today and it reads tsh 5.07 with normal 0.35-5.00 and free t4 17. Normal reading 12-22 The free t4 seems normal according to the lab but the the tsh is .07 over. She says my symptoms are from menopause. and that my thyroid is fine. I feel she should be upping my medication. Thoughts please.
Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 57 minutes later
Your T4 level is within range & TSH is little bit increased of .07 for that there is no need of further increase in dose.
Continue your medications & repeat thyroid profile after 6 weeks.
Get your blood investigations like haemoglobin & serum calcium level done to rule out cause of tiredness.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.

Follow-up: Have hypothyroidism, feeling tired and fuzzy. Blood test done for tsh, t4. Symptoms of menopause? 4 minutes later
I would like this question answered by a endocrinologist or thyroid specialist please. Im not doubting that the OBGYN is a very good doctor I was just hoping to have a thyroid specialist answer a question about thyroid please.

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 7 minutes later
Welcome back.
Your problem is basically menopausal that is why I answered it.
If you want to change your doctor you can post specialist query.
Thank you.

Follow-up: Have hypothyroidism, feeling tired and fuzzy. Blood test done for tsh, t4. Symptoms of menopause? 27 minutes later
hemoglobin was 138 115-155 normal range. ok thank you I just saw your post. I would like to do that. Not sure how I post a specialist query. I will submit my blood work as well.

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 30 minutes later
Welcome back.
There are two kind of services-
1. Ask a Doctor
2.Ask a Specialist
Select second option for endocrinologist & get your answer.
Your hemoglobin is good, now get your serum calcium level done as hypocalcemia is common problem in menopausal as group.