Have hypothyroidism. Reports show T3:29 and TSH: 0.02. Should I be worried?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
I have hypothyroidism, and my T3 uptake is 29 and my TSH is 0.02 should I be worried.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You have normal T3 uptake but low TSH. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You need not be worried. You have normal T3 uptake.In females it is 25-35%. But your TSH value is low.Its normal value in females is 4-5 mIU/L. TSH may be suppressed due to overdose of supplemented thyroid drugs. Free T4 estimation should also be done as it is biologically active component in the blood. You should consult your doctor and you may need dose adjustment. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX