Have hypothyroidism, PCOS and menorrhagia. Taken Novelon, Meprate and Siphene. Hesitant to take pregnancy test

I was suffering from Menorrhagia and was detected with Hypothyroidism and PCOS. I was put into Oral contraceptives for two years (Novelon) during which ,u periods were regular, I was asked to stop this after as I was planning for wedding, I got my periods only once naturally, I had to use Disery/ Meprate to get my periods, now doctor has given me Siphene 100 mg. My last periods(with Disery) was 13th Apr 2012, I dint get my periods yet, Im hesitant to take pregnancy test as I was several times disappointed previously when it came negative. Im married since 7 months. Please advice
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 2 hours later
Thanks for consulting us.
I hope you are fine & doing well.
Women with Hypothyroidism & PCOS can conceive & have babies.
If your Hypothyroidism is well controlled & you are on replacement therapy to correct your thyroid hormone levels then it should not be a problem for your conception. Just continue regular follow up with your doctor.
As far as your PCOS problem is concerned it can effect your fertility potential & you may need help to conceive.
First of all, try to achieve a normal Body Mass Index. This may lead to return of your natural periods & fertility & increase your chances of having a healthy baby.
Secondly, you should visit a designated fertility clinic with your husband & get yourself thoroughly evaluated. After full review of your case as a couple, your Gynecologist can make a plan for your fertility treatment. You should stick to that plan & be patient. As fertility treatment is both time consuming & takes a lot of patience.
There is no harm in taking a pregnancy test. I wish you get a positive result. In that case don't forget to book your self with a consultant Obstetrician.
Best of luck.
Follow-up: Have hypothyroidism, PCOS and menorrhagia. Taken Novelon, Meprate and Siphene. Hesitant to take pregnancy test 4 minutes later
Thanks for the reply Dr Kulsoom

Just have a query with Siphene 100 mg if i dont get pregnant is there possibility to get my periods bec my last period was 13th apr.. i just slight cramping but not sure if its menstrual cramp
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 12 minutes later
You are welcome XXXXXXX
Yes, there is a possibility of having your periods back, if you are not pregnant. But it can be late because of your underlying PCOS problem which may lead to delayed periods.
In case you don't have your periods for two to three months & your pregnancy test is negative you should see your Gynecologist for advice.
I hope this clears your query.
Wish you good health.