Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have hypoglycemia and want to try the HCG Diet. How can I do it safely? Or can I do it at all?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
HCG diet is a very low calorie diet in which it has been suggested that daily calorie intake should be as low as 500 kcal/day. Since you are prone to hypoglycaemia, there is every possibility that you will suffer hypoglycaemic attacks on such a diet which are XXXXXXX for your health.
Thus going on hcg diet is not advisable for you.
Slow and steady weight loss of no more than 1-2 pounds per week is the safest way to lose weight. Too rapid weight loss can cause you to lose muscle rather than fat. It also increases your chances of developing other problems, such as gallstones and nutrient deficiencies. Making long-term changes in your eating and physical activity habits is the only way to lose weight and keep it off.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.