Have hydroureteronephrosis due to vuj calculus. MDCT scan done. Taking drotin-m. Any advice?

Hi Sir, there is Right hydroureteronephrosis due to UVJ calculus (6.5 mm).
MDCT scan through the KUB region was performed with reconstructions. RIGHT KIDNEY: Measures 97 x 40 mm, shows mild pelvicalyceal system and ureteric dilatation due to a 6.5 mm calculus at the right VUJ. Is this can be treated without a surgery? Please advise. doctor has prescribed K-CIT syrup 20 ml with glass of water thrice a day post food. Drotin-M tablet twice a day. My age is 26.
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 58 minutes later

I do not see any major reason for worry.

This can be treated without surgery provided

-There is no continuous pain
-The hydronephrosis is not increasing

There are bright chances that this stone should come out without any problem.

Continue medication as advised and wait.The stone normally gets impacted at this place.Still the size of stone is moderate,it should come out.

At times stone it self gets fragmented and comes out.

Do regular follow up with your doctor.

Lets hope for the best.

Follow-up: Have hydroureteronephrosis due to vuj calculus. MDCT scan done. Taking drotin-m. Any advice? 37 minutes later
thank you very much sir.

I started the syrup and tablet since yesterday and following is my current status.
1. while urinating, at the end of urinating stage, I am feeling a little burining sensation and pain at the tip of my outlet. I feel the pain coming from right side internally (may be in urethra).

2. I am drinking plenty of water, one glass of Mosambi juice every 3 hours(with sugar added).
3. I am urinating frequently post drinking water every time.
4. I am not having free motions. I went only once from last two days.
5. I am also having gas problem. I feel a pain in the back when I feel having GAS developed in stomach.

Please suggest and advice me.

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 48 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

All of this are inter-related.This all symptoms are related to stone problem.

Continue same treatment,take light diet and take some rest and you should be fine.

Do not over eat,be light on your stomach.

Do not worry.