Have hormonal imbalance and polycystic ovarian cysts. How did I get pregnant?

May 2013
Hi , I am XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I have a couple question about pregnancy., hormonal imbalance and irregular menstrual cycles. I am 11 wks preggo. Was told I couldn't have children due to hormonal imbalance and polystic ovarian cysts. I wanted to know how did and when did I get pregnant if I had a period in March 2012 and not April. I need a date of conception.
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later

-in poly cystic ovarian disease menstrual abnormalities like anovulation, delayed or absent periods etc can be seen,

-in case of anovulation usually ovulation induction drugs are needed for fertility, your doctor might have told that in different way.

-in case of irregular periods it is difficult to judge the date of conception.

-according to your gestational age it is 77 days from today approximately,

-as first trimester ultrasound can show gestational age with +/-3 to 4 days of actual gestational age,

-according to scan you might have conceived around April 28 +/- 3 to 4 days, means in between 24th April to 2nd May.

-it suggests that after having period in March, you might have ovulated around these days.

-if you match your day of fruitful coitus with these days you can find out the day of conception.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.