Have high TSH level, diabetes type 1. Taken Meprate for delayed periods. Planning for baby

May 2013
I have high tsh and level 1 diabetes and my menstrual periods are delayed by 20 days and taken meprate for 5 days and even after 5 days did get my periods and planning for second baby?
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

the possible causes for your delayed periods are,
-both hypothyroidism and type 1 diabetes are known to cause menstrual irregularities,
-in case of hormonal imbalance, if only progesterone is deficient meprate will help, but if both estrogen and progesterone are deficient, meprate alone may not cause withdrawal bleeding,
-possibility of pregnancy,
-sometimes it may take around 7 days for occurrence of withdrawal bleeding.

so you better consult gynecologist and undergo physical examination, ultrasound and test for pregnancy,estimation of thyroid hormonal levels and blood sugar, if she suggests estimation of estrogen and progesterone, FSH and LH levels,
depending on the results, if pregnancy test comes negative,
take thyroid hormonal supplementation, treatment to correct the blood sugar level,
in hormones if both estrogen and progesterone are found to be deficient take combined pills with your doctor's advice.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.