Have high BP and heart rate. Back neck is aching. Suggest medication?

Pls help me I am a male Asian 40 year old, my blood pressure since this afternoon is 150/110 pulse rate is 105 to 110, my back neck is still aching, pls help me what medicine I need to take, pls asap
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 47 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are different types of blood pressure medications available, they work in different ways.
The main ways these medications work are : (1) to dilate or widen the blood vessels and therefore decrease the pressure in these blood vessels
(2) to help the body lose any excess fluids, excess fluid volume is a common cause of high blood pressure and
(3) slow down the heart rate, so the heart does not have to work as hard

Losartan works to decrease the pressure in the blood vessels , it also helps remove some of the excess fluids.

To further decrease your blood pressure and reduce your heart rate , you may want to add a beta blocker.
This type of medication would decrease your pulse and blood pressure.

There are different beta blockers, some of the most common are metoprolol, bisoprolol, carvediol and labetalol.

If your blood pressure and heart rate remains high, your doctor may suggest one of these.

They are all effective.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions