Have high BP. Had delivered and having pain in arms and legs. What should I do?

My blood pressure is 149/105 I am 40 and just had a baby seven months ago. I have been having severe pain in my arms and legs for past two days. What should I do?
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 43 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

You are having high blood pressure, according to the latest hypertension guidelines the recommended blood pressure for an adult is below 120/80.

Any increase in the blood pressure over this, is associated with increased morbidity and mortality.

Please consult your doctor to go for so basic investigations so that the proper medication for the high blood pressure can be started.

Though the severe pain in the arms and the legs is probably not related to this much of the blood pressure, You may need to provide some more information about these pains like duration, intensity and aggravating factors to aid in the may also need to undergo some investigations along with some pain relief medications.

Thanks,Please contact me with more information if needed.

If you need further information, please let me know.