Have headache. MRI showed inflammation of grey areas. Serious something?

I had a MRI head scan as I had headaches and numbness down left side of face and weakness in left side of body scsn shows to grey areas of inflammation wot could this be
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 8 minutes later
Dear friend,

Welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at XXXXXXX

I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

For your symptoms, the grey areas on the MRI could indicate an infarct (area of deficient blood supply) or some inflammation/ infection.

However the data/ description you provided is not sufficient to give you a solid answer for now.

It would help me a lot if you could upload the MRI report here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
with subject as ‘Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole’.

Please describe in details all your symptoms.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at

Good Luck! Thank you!!

Follow-up: Have headache. MRI showed inflammation of grey areas. Serious something? 28 minutes later
I have not got the report the doctor rang me and said it shows to small grey areas of inflammation
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 10 hours later
I see. XXXXXXX Could you describe what symptoms you had in detail?
You may upload the MRI later when available.

“Small grey areas of inflammation" may mean an infarct/ ischemia (deficient blood supply) or inflammation from many causes. Ischemia is uncommon at your young age.
Difficult to explain without additional description and scan report.

Would be glad to answer once you upload the details.