Have hashimoto's and taking armour. Have chronic migraines and anxiety. Suggestions?

Hi I have hashimotos and I am taking armour. My dr mentioned that down the road she may try giving me something to boost my metabolism to help with the constant weight gain. I can't remember the name of it. Just wondering if you knew what it might be so I can do some research ahead of time.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 1 hour later

Armor thyroid is not generally the recommended way to treat hypothyroidism. Most endocrinologists worldwide prefer levothyroxine (also called T4 and brand names are Synthroid, Tirosint and Levoxyl)

Occasionally we have noticed some doctors prescribe Cytomel or liothyronine (T3) to facilitate weight loss. Although weight loss may occur with this medication, it requires doses higher than the body normally needs. So it can have problems such as bone loss (and osteoporosis), irregularity of heart rhythm or worsening of angina (chest pain from heart disease )

The following link gives more information

Recently a couple new medications have been approved by the FDA for weight loss. They are qsymia and belviq