Have had the type AH1N1 flu and have fractured root molar. Have mild emphysema?

Excellent

Pulmonologist
Question
I've had the type AH1N1 flu for four days and in three days I'll have a fractured root molar #36 taken out if the specialist agrees to doing it. My age 75 yrs and have mild emphysema
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 4 hours later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. Your current episode of AH1NI needs to get subsided prior to the operative procedure. I am sure, you must be on medicines for that.

2. Considering your age and presnce of seinle emphysema, you need to get yourself clinically evaluated from the Pulmonologist for fitness for the procedure.

3. Since the removal of teeth is under local anaesthesia, there should not be any major issues in the Pulmonologist giving the fitness.

4. Also you need to take emphysema medications / inhalers regularly.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist

Follow-up: Have had the type AH1N1 flu and have fractured root molar. Have mild emphysema? 39 minutes later
If I use an inhaler, does that affect the heart eventually?
My General Practitioner has never suggested the use of an inhaler, this is the
first time I hear about it. Thank you for your very informative answer.

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

Inhaler does not cause any side effect on the heart usually and is very safe. You need to consult a Pulmonologist for the same.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist