Ask a Urologist   »  

Have had small tear on penis head where the opening is. How to heal this?

General Surgeon
Hi, for the last 8-9 months I've had a small tear on the right side of my penis head where the opening is. I want to know what I can do to seal it up and heal
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 35 minutes later
Hi ! I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your querry. A few more information from you will be helpful in answering your query:
1) Are you married and did it occur during the course of any sexual activity ?
2) If it is so, then did you observe abstinence from the same till the tear was healed completely ?
3) Please let me know if the ulcer is in the foreskin or on the glans penis (the part seen after retracting the foreskin)
4) As the ulcer is lasting for such a long duration, have you got any investigations done or did you take any treatment till date ? It will be nice if you can please send details of investigations and treatment done so far.
In the mean while, I would suggest you to give more attention personal hygiene, and at least get a blood sugar test done. Rest of the management can be planned after you send the details as noted above to me. Thanks.