Have had full blood count. What does reports indicate?

Hi Doctor, I am a 33 year old female. I have had my Full blood count done and would like your help to find out what the following means: 1- Gamma GT 41 (High) 2- LDH 496 (High) 3- HDL 2.12 (High) What do these mean? Thank you so much! XXXXX
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Grossly normal! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. Gamma GT and LDH are liver enzymes. Elevated values often prompt for further investigation on the liver. However, taking a look at these values and the other liver function tests together, I will suggest that we note the increased values and control in 3months. If they remain high, then we may want to ask for further tests to address this. I am not too particularly concerned about this right now because they are just a few points over the normal range and nothing alarming. I will not be surprised if a repeat right away should return with normal values. Increased HDL(high density lipoprotein) is actually good for the body. This is the good cholesterol that protects our heart and blood vessels from becoming blood by cholesterol deposits. This means you are protected. In contrast, high levels of LDL (low density lipoproteine) are bad. You are just fine with this. All other findings are normal and will consider these results nothing short of a good health report. I hope you find this helpful and it addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD
Follow-up: Have had full blood count. What does reports indicate? 1 hour later
Dear Dr Ditah, Thank you so much for coming back to me so quickly. And for explaining my results in such a clear and easy way. So great news that my report looks overal good. May I ask one final question please, my blood Haemoglobin level is not in the low end of falling back in the anemia. Reason why I ask is I am always tired and find it very hard to sleep. I find it very difficult to have breakfast in the mornings and also I do not drinks any milk. (I do have cheese/Yoghurt when I can). other then green tea I drink no water as I feel sick drinking it. I have fresh fruit/vegtables/Meat/fish/lentals diet is mainly Indian diet. With my sever weightloss I look very bean-pole skinny. I do have two kids daughter aged 2, who wakes in nights multiple times and a very active 13 year old keep me busy. I work long hours so my day beginds 6am and I try to be in bed for 11pm lates after finishing work and household chores. I thought I may have Coeliac disease and/or thyroid issues. Thank you again, XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Cealiac..No...Thyroid..No Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you for following up with me. It is very unlikely for you to cealiac disease without diarrhea. It manifest as malabsorption syndrome that presents with chronic diarrhea. Please, you have not reported anything in this light. Thyroid disease is easy to screen when symptoms are not typical/. Please you can ask your doctor to do a TSH level and this would be very helpful. To be honest, I think your tight schedule and numerous commitments cause you to work so much that you cannot really put on weight. For sure, you system has been conditioned to stay alert at night so that you can always be awake and attend to the baby that a good sleep would be far fetched. Is there any other person who can assist you with these duties? I really feel like you need an extra hand to continue these tasks and not get burned out. Your hemoglobin is good for a lady. I have no reason to suspect any possible drop because all the parameters don''t suggest so. Iron stores and studies are good. Your schedule is the main problem and to get out of this state and start gaining weight, please get some help with your activities. I hope this helps you. I wish you well and feel free to ask for more clarifications. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Dear Dr Ditah, Thank you for coming back to me again. Great to get a direct and honest answer. I am confident with your advice and thank you again for your advice and time. Kind Regards, XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you, too! Detailed Answer: Thank you for using our services. I feel humbled that I have been able to be of help to you today. Thank you so much for the opportunity. Do feel free to direct future queries to my attention and I will not hesitate to attend to. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD