Have had bad posture,X-ray normal. What could be the cause?

Nov 2013

Hello, i have very bad posture, i went to my doctor and got some x-rays taken, but he was unable to diagnose me, he couldn't se any abnormalities in the x- rays, i hope you can help me diagnose my problem.
X-ray attached.
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
X-rays show kyphosis of dorsal spine

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

Your clinical pictures and x-rays of spine show features of kyphosis of dorsal (thoracic) spine, a backward curvature of the dorsal (thoracic) spine.

As of now, you would require an MRI of whole spine to look for syrinx (cavity in the spinal cord) or any problems at cranio-vertebral junction.

If MRI is normal, then, there is no need to worry. However, you would need to do regular exercises.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow-up: Have had bad posture,X-ray normal. What could be the cause? 8 hours later
Thank you for your answer. You are the first one to tell me that the x-rays shows deformeties, i always got the answer that i have to get and maintain good posture through exersizes. Are there anything to correct this problem?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Correction is possible through surgery

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for getting back.

Yes, correction is possible through surgery. However, it is an elaborate surgery, and very few centers or spine surgeons are well trained in this. Near your home (Denmark), Germany has several expert surgeons to correct this deformity.

For detailed opinion regarding your suitability for corrective surgery, and pros and cons of surgery, you should consult a spine surgeon with expertise in kyphosis surgery.

Regarding exercises, they would help, but can not correct the deformity.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)