Have had bad diarrhoea, tummy is always rumbling and a lot of gas passing through. Cure?

Jan 2013

Hi im writing because I have had very bad dihrea uncontrolable very pale in coulor and my tummy is always rumbling and i have alot of gas passin through this started thursday night
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 26 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Do you have fever/ spasmodic abdominal pain/ vomiting along with diarrhea?

With the available described details, there could be possibility that you are suffering from acute viral gastroenteritis.
Presence of diarrhea, excessive gas formation and rumbling in abdomen suggests the diagnosis.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, ultrasound imaging, and serum electrolytes, renal function test.
You should take complete antibiotic therapy, antispasmodics, probiotics, antipyretics, if needed.

Diarrhea is generally considered as infectious in nature and you should first take all defined medicines.
If your condition won't improve then only non-infectious causes should be suspected.

You should maintain your hydration status by taking potassium XXXXXXX liquids.
Take soft diet along with yogurt and banana.
Avoid milk and all milk related products.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava