Have had a sore throat, white patch on tonsil, headache and loss of appetite. What could be causing this?

I have had a sore throat, white patch on tonsil, body aches, headache, ear ache, fever (on and off) and at times lack of appetite. What could be causing this?
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 22 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

It seems that you are suffering with pharyngitis and tonsillitis.

Due to infection with pyogenic organism an exudative membrane forms on the tonsils.

Patches/membrane can also form due to other infections like Diphtheria, Vincent's angina and infectious mononucleosis etc.

As examination of throat and ear is required, and some tests may be required for confirmation of diagnosis, you should consult an ENT Specialist as soon as possible.

Meanwhile you can do gurgles with warm water and take analgesic anti-inflammatory tablet for relief.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,