Have had a red patchy inflamed rash on face. Skin biopsy showed yeast. Used elidel and vanicream. Suggestion?

I have had a red patchy scaly inflamed rash on my face for about 6 months. sometimes it really flares others it is calmer but still there. I have seen 2 dermatologist, allergist and internist and no one has been able to determine exactly the cause. skin biopsy showed excessive yeast. I have used elidel, another expensive gel, vanicream and a dandruff shampoo on my face. Any suggestion?
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 4 hours later

Thanks for query .

The pictures suggest the possibility of seborrheic dermatitis. I would like to ask you a few questions before I give my final verdict.

What is your profession?
Any family history of similar disease?
What medicines you take for blood pressure and nd cholesterol?
Have you undergone tests for diabetes, thyroid functions and HIV?
Do you have rash on scalp? Do you have dandruff issues?
Do you have lesions in your arm pit and groin areas?
Do you use any beauty cream on face?

Awaiting your response...

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD