Have gum infection. Noticed swelling and pain in nose. What is the problem?

recently had a bad gum infection on upper right side - for about a week - started going away - yesterday the bridge of me nose felt swollen and painful - worse today - not inside my nose. what's the problem?
Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 32 minutes later

In view of symptoms, possibility of focal infection at bridge of nose needs to be ruled out.Infections in the region of mouth,nose and throat are known to spread to adjacent areas.May be this is cause of pain.

A early clinical evaluation is needed in your case, as nasal region is considered danger zone as far as infection are considered.Infections from base of nose can directly spread to brain.

So, I would recommend you to see doctor and may be doctor would want you to take another course antibiotics with analgesics.

Hope this answers your question.

Please ask if there are doubts.