Have genital herpes, Will this just stay as small pimple like bumps? Or they will burst?

Question
If you have genital herpes, can they just stay as small pimple like bumps? Or dp they have to burst? Can herpes give you fever and a headache? Or are these aymptoms something else?
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bursting is not essential. You may have herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The lesions of herpes may start as small blisters that eventually break open and produce raw, painful sores that scab and heal over within a few weeks. The blisters and sores may be accompanied by flu-like symptoms with fever, headache and swollen glands.
They may also remain as small pimple like bumps. You need to get yourself investigated by your healthcare provider.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Have genital herpes, Will this just stay as small pimple like bumps? Or they will burst? 9 minutes later
Do these bumps look like herpes?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen the image attached. These bumps are likely to be due to herpes. Do consult a dermatologist for proper treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Have genital herpes, Will this just stay as small pimple like bumps? Or they will burst? 11 minutes later
Do these bumps have to burst? Or are there cases were they dont. Can these go away? Can herpes make me have headaches and fever? If this is herpes. Can it be treated? Can it turn me sterile?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
These may not burst. Can be treated.

Detailed Answer:
These bumps are necessary to burst. These can be easily treated. It can be associated with fever and headache. It does not affect the fertility. Please do get the proper treatment prescribed from your physician.