Have genital herpes. Mucous entered mouth, having red blister in mouth, spots on tonsils and lymph swollen

I have genital herpes. The mucous membrane for my vagina entered my mouth. I had no evidence of an outbreak. I take lysine daily. Immediately, i gragled with salt water and pin sol. The next day, painless white blister appeared in upper cavity of my mouth, which were red around the blister. I touch them with a q tip and hard type substances appeared on the q tip. By night fall the redness had disappeared, although the area was red kind of sore. Next day i noticed white spots on my tonsil and my right lymph is swallon. I don't have a sore thorat. I would like to if i just contaminated with oral herpes or this just an reaction to pin sol or both. My throat was burning for a day.
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 2 hours later
thanks for the query.

Lysine is said to prevent the growth of the Herpes virus but little data is available to confirm that and the few available data do not actually confirm that.

Vaginal herpes is cause by herpes type 2 while oral is caused by herpes type 1. However, it is possible to have type infections of the mouth. Herpes infection characteristically present with pains or itch or tingling or burning sensation followed by sores or blisters which later become crusted still with red bases. Lymph are known to swell and could be painful. Given the above, it is likely that it is herpes infection.

However, pine sol could be incriminated if prior uses left you with allergic reactions.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query i will be glad to help.
Best regards
Follow-up: Have genital herpes. Mucous entered mouth, having red blister in mouth, spots on tonsils and lymph swollen 7 hours later
I have never used pin sol before. I panicked. I am happy to say the swellening in my right node has decreased, it was never that painful to begin. Roof of my mouth is no longer sore. I took a over the counter, yeast infection pill yesterday mid day. It seems to have resolved the symptoms. This is day 4. The stomach pain has also decreased.
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 24 minutes later
thanks once more for the query.

It is interesting to know the symptoms are going down and you are feeling better.
Herpes will rather not give way rapidly as your symptoms are going thus what ever the cause it is likely that it is the pine solution that has caused it. At this point there are just two possibilities; a reaction caused by the pine solution or a yeast infection. Yeast infection is less likely since the symptoms appeared within a very short time. So i think its a reaction to the pine solution. Reactions to drugs generally resolve once contact with the substance causing the reaction is stopped.

Wishing you a speedy recovering. If you have further query, i will be glad to help. If you do not have further query, you could close the discussion and rate the answers.
Best regards and stay blessed.